• NEW REMASTERED & EXPANDED 2 CD EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1977 ALBUM BY QUANTUM JUMP (featuring RUPERT HINE)
• WITH 15 BONUS TRACKS (7 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED & 2 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)
• INCLUDES QUANTUM JUMP’s BBC RADIO ONE “IN CONCERT” PERFORMANCE FROM JULY 1977
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL TAPES
• FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of a newly re-mastered and expanded edition of the classic 1977 album “Barracuda” by QUANTUM JUMP.
The band came together at Farmyard studios in Buckinghamshire in 1974 and comprised RUPERT HINE (Vocals, Keyboards), former Caravan member JOHN G. PERRY (Bass, Vocals), MARK WARNER (guitar) and former Peddlers member TREVOR MORAIS (drums). The band’s self-titled debut album was written and recorded at Farmyard studios throughout 1975 and was eventually released on the Electric Records label in 1976 to critical acclaim. Stylistically the album featured a unique fusion of jazz and rock, displaying the excellent musicianship of the band members, along with a healthy sense of humour. The album featured the band’s most famous track “The Lone Ranger” (later a hit single in 1979).
For this, the band’s second album, guitarist Mark Warner was replaced by PAUL KEOGH and the band were also joined by guests such as GEOFFREY RICHARDSON (ex-Caravan) on Viola, ELKIE BROOKS (as guest vocalist on the album’s title track) and members of the Penguin Café Orchestra.
Newly re-mastered from the original tapes, this reissue of “Barracuda” has been expanded to include 15 bonus tracks over two CDs, including the band’s entire memorable live appearance on the BBC Radio One “In Concert” show in July 1977 which saw guitarist ROYE ALBRIGHTON (formerly with NEKTAR) in a short lived role as a member of the live band, along with special guest GEOFFREY RICHARDSON on Viola. The remaining bonus tracks include two single edits previously unreleased on CD, two out-takes from the 1977 recording sessions at Trident studios in London and four rare tracks taken from the 1979 remix compilation album “Mixing”. This expanded edition of “Barracuda” also includes a booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and features a new essay and interview with Rupert Hine.
Please Note: This title is released 26th January 2015 and will not be dispatched until this date.
BARRACUDA – REMASTERED
1. DON’T LOOK NOW
2. THE SÉANCE (TOO SPOOKY)
4. STARBRIGHT PARK
5. LOVE CROSSED (LIKE VINES IN OUR EYES)
6. BLUE MOUNTAIN (ALOHA GREEN SEA)
7. EUROPE ON A DOLLAR A DAY
8. NEIGHBOURS (LIMBO COTTAGE)
9. SUMMER IN THE CITY
10. TAKE ME TO THE VOID AGAIN
11. DON’T LOOK NOW (1979 REMIX VERSION)
12. BARRACUDA (1979 REMIX VERSION)
ADDITIONAL BONUS TRACKS
1. NO AMERICAN STARSHIP (LOOKING FOR THE NEXT WORLD)
2. OVER RIO
3. DON’T LOOK NOW
5. THE SÉANCE (TOO SPOOKY)
6. THE LONE RANGER
7. STARBRIGHT PARK
BBC RADIO ONE “IN CONCERT”
16th JULY 1977
8. DON’T LOOK NOW (SINGLE VERSION) (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)
9. LOVE CROSSED (LIKE VINES IN OUR EYES) (SINGLE VERSION)
(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD)
10. BLUE MOUNTAIN (ALOHA GREEN SEA) (1979 REMIX VERSION)
11. NEIGHBOURS (LIMBO COTTAGE)
(1979 REMIX VERSION)