• North Carolina-born Mark Germino started out as a poet before moving into the Singer-Songwriter genre in the 70s. After moving to Nashville he received a song-writing contract that resulted in over 50 of his songs being recorded by other artists before he was finally handed a record deal by RCA.
• Although being signed to RCA Nashville, both of these albums were recorded in England in 1987 and 1986.
• "Caught In The Act Of Being Ourselves” from 1987 was the album on which Mark’s most famous song ‘Rex Bob Lowenstein’ appeared. This was a massive air-play hit in the UK and told the story of a DJ who refused to change his playlist on the orders of his radio station bosses.
• "London Moon and Barnyard Remedies” preceded "Caught In The Act . . .” in 1986.
• On both albums he was backed by British musicians from legendary folk-rock band Fairport Convention.
• Production was by Paul Samwell-Smith, the ex-Yardbird who’d worked with Carly Simon and Cat Stevens and was something of a singer-songwriter specialist.
This product is released June 23 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. FROM THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE
2. THIRD COAST RAG
3. PROPOGANDA REQUIEM IN ‘A’ MINOR
4. REX BOB LOWENSTEIN
5. INTERMISSION AT THE BELCOURT TWIN (INSTRUMENTAL)
6. BACKSTREET MOZART
7. TEASIN’ ME DO
8. DIAMONDS ARE OUT, RUBIES ARE IN
9. CAUGHT IN THE ACT OF BEING OURSELVES
2. ORIENTAL DRAG
3. BARNYARD (RHAPSODY IN BROWN)
4. GOD AIN’T NO STAINED GLASS WINDOW
5. SALLY BAKER’S (LOW TAR) DREAM
6. BROKEN MAN’S LAMENT
7. WE GOT AWAY
8. IMMIGRANT SHUFFLE
Our Price: £10.95
Track listing as above.
My Kind O' Lovin'
• A colourful, multifarious and formidable listening experience, with hints of melodic hard rock and early prog, featuring Simon Philips (Toto) and the vintage vocals of John Lawton (ex-Uriah Heep) and Joseph Williams (Toto).
• Strong melodies with acoustic patterns and impressive vocals with undiminished power – the best thing John Lawton has been involved with ever since Heep’s glory and his lately announced career peak with the same author’s ‘The Power of Mind’ album from 2012.
• Pulling up a chair at Classic Rock Revisited 2012 Best Releases with Intelligent Music Project I - ‘The Power of Mind’ producer Milen Vrabevski is setting a helluva high horizon of expectations with his Intelligent Music Project II - ‘My Kind O’Lovin’.
• Simon Phillips is an English producer and prolific session drummer, and has played with The Who, Judas Priest, Jeff Beck, Mike Oldfield, Gary Moore and many others.
• Joseph Williams was part of four Toto albums – Fahrenheit (1986), The Seventh One (1988), Toto XX (1988) and Falling in Between (2006).
• John Lawton was featured on Uriah Heep’s albums Innocent Victim (1977), Firefly (1977) and Fallen Angel (1978) through Live ’79.
For more details please visit www.mykindoflovin.com
1. MY KIND O’ LOVIN’
3. NO ONE CAN DENY IT
4. GET INTO REAL
5. SIMPLE GAME
7. THINGS WE CAN’T DO
8. TIME TO MOVE ALONG
9. LOVE SONG
10. PEOPLE ON FIRE
11. STEP IN LEARNIN’
12. UNDERSTAND THE MORNING
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 5TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more