• NEWLY REMASTERED CD RELEASE FOR THIS CLASSIC ROCK ALBUM FROM 1973 BY THE BRITISH ROCK BAND ELLIS
• REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL EPIC RECORDS MASTER TAPES
• BOOKLET WITH FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & LINER NOTES
• REVIEWS IN NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS, "UNCUT”, "MOJO”, "RECORD COLLECTOR” & "CLASSIC ROCK” MAGAZINES
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce a newly re-mastered CD release of the classic 1973 album "Why Not?” by the British rock outfit, ELLIS. Formed in December 1971, the band was the brainchild of former LOVE AFFAIR vocalist STEVE ELLIS. Teaming up with celebrated keyboard player ZOOT MONEY, the band took a harder rock direction with jazz overtones.
The line-up of the band was completed with the addition of guitarist ANDY GEE, drummer DAVE LUTTON (formerly with Heavy Jelly and The Grease Band) and bass player JIM LEVERTON (formerly with FAT MATTRESS and JUICY LUCY). Championed by former JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE drummer MITCH MITCHELL, the band secured a contract with Epic Records in 1972 and recorded their debut album the same year, produced by well-known admirer, ROGER DALTREY. Their follow up album "Why Not?” was produced by MIKE VERNON and saw NICK SOUTH replace Jim Leverton, but ELLIS continued the fine musical direction established on their first record.
This Esoteric Recordings edition has been remastered from the original Epic master tapes and features a booklet that restores the original album artwork and includes a new essay.
This product is released June 30 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. GOODBYE BOREDOM
2. OPUS 17 ¾
3. FUTURE PASSED
4. LOUD & LAZY LOVE SONGS
5. OPEN ROAD
6. ALL BEFORE
7. LEAVING IN THE MORNING
8. MIGHTY MYSTIC LADY
9. WE NEED THE MONEY TOO
Our Price: £10.95
Track listing as above.
My Kind O' Lovin'
• A colourful, multifarious and formidable listening experience, with hints of melodic hard rock and early prog, featuring Simon Philips (Toto) and the vintage vocals of John Lawton (ex-Uriah Heep) and Joseph Williams (Toto).
• Strong melodies with acoustic patterns and impressive vocals with undiminished power – the best thing John Lawton has been involved with ever since Heep’s glory and his lately announced career peak with the same author’s ‘The Power of Mind’ album from 2012.
• Pulling up a chair at Classic Rock Revisited 2012 Best Releases with Intelligent Music Project I - ‘The Power of Mind’ producer Milen Vrabevski is setting a helluva high horizon of expectations with his Intelligent Music Project II - ‘My Kind O’Lovin’.
• Simon Phillips is an English producer and prolific session drummer, and has played with The Who, Judas Priest, Jeff Beck, Mike Oldfield, Gary Moore and many others.
• Joseph Williams was part of four Toto albums – Fahrenheit (1986), The Seventh One (1988), Toto XX (1988) and Falling in Between (2006).
• John Lawton was featured on Uriah Heep’s albums Innocent Victim (1977), Firefly (1977) and Fallen Angel (1978) through Live ’79.
For more details please visit www.mykindoflovin.com
1. MY KIND O’ LOVIN’
3. NO ONE CAN DENY IT
4. GET INTO REAL
5. SIMPLE GAME
7. THINGS WE CAN’T DO
8. TIME TO MOVE ALONG
9. LOVE SONG
10. PEOPLE ON FIRE
11. STEP IN LEARNIN’
12. UNDERSTAND THE MORNING
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 5TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more