• NEWLY REMASTERED EDITION OF THIS CLASSIC 1971 ALBUM
• WITH FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK AND NEW LINER NOTES
• REVIEWS IN NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS, "UNCUT”, "MOJO”, "RECORD COLLECTOR” & "CLASSIC ROCK PROG” MAGAZINES
• COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are proud to announce the release of a newly re-mastered edition of the album "Church of Anthrax” by John Cale and Terry Riley.
This unique collaboration was originally released in 1971 and saw Cale (fresh from his ground-breaking work as a member of the Velvet Underground and now finding his feet as a solo artist) and Riley (noted for his highly influential works "In C” and "A Rainbow in Curved Air”) create a work of atmosphere and uniqueness. All instrumental, with the exception of the song "The Soul of Patrick Lee”, "Church of Anthrax” was the perfect melding of the experimental genius of two unique musicians. Hard to catagorise, the album was recorded a year prior to its release by Columbia in February 1971 and actually preceded Cale’s first solo album.
This Esoteric Recordings release has been newly re-mastered and features a booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and includes a new essay.
This product is released June 30 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. CHURCH OF ANTHRAX
2. THE HALL OF MIRRORS IN THE PALACE OF VERSAILLES
3. THE SOUL OF PATRICK LEE
4. IDES OF MARCH
5. THE PROTÉGÉ
Our Price: £10.95
Track listing as above.
My Kind O' Lovin'
• A colourful, multifarious and formidable listening experience, with hints of melodic hard rock and early prog, featuring Simon Philips (Toto) and the vintage vocals of John Lawton (ex-Uriah Heep) and Joseph Williams (Toto).
• Strong melodies with acoustic patterns and impressive vocals with undiminished power – the best thing John Lawton has been involved with ever since Heep’s glory and his lately announced career peak with the same author’s ‘The Power of Mind’ album from 2012.
• Pulling up a chair at Classic Rock Revisited 2012 Best Releases with Intelligent Music Project I - ‘The Power of Mind’ producer Milen Vrabevski is setting a helluva high horizon of expectations with his Intelligent Music Project II - ‘My Kind O’Lovin’.
• Simon Phillips is an English producer and prolific session drummer, and has played with The Who, Judas Priest, Jeff Beck, Mike Oldfield, Gary Moore and many others.
• Joseph Williams was part of four Toto albums – Fahrenheit (1986), The Seventh One (1988), Toto XX (1988) and Falling in Between (2006).
• John Lawton was featured on Uriah Heep’s albums Innocent Victim (1977), Firefly (1977) and Fallen Angel (1978) through Live ’79.
For more details please visit www.mykindoflovin.com
1. MY KIND O’ LOVIN’
3. NO ONE CAN DENY IT
4. GET INTO REAL
5. SIMPLE GAME
7. THINGS WE CAN’T DO
8. TIME TO MOVE ALONG
9. LOVE SONG
10. PEOPLE ON FIRE
11. STEP IN LEARNIN’
12. UNDERSTAND THE MORNING
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 5TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more