REMASTERED & EXPANDED EDITION OF THE CLASSIC DEBUT ALBUM BY THE CLIMAX
SEVEN PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED RARE BONUS TRACKS
FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & ESSAY
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce a
series of remastered and expanded reissues of the CLIMAX BLUES BAND catalogue,
beginning with this newly expanded edition of the band’s debut album, issued
originally in 1969. Formed in Stafford in 1968 by Colin Cooper, the band
(originally known as the CLIMAX CHICAGO BLUES BAND) recorded their debut album
in September & November 1968 with a line up of COLIN COOPER (Vocals,
Harmonica), PETE HAYCOCK (Guitar, Slide Guitar, Vocals), ARTHUR WOOD
(Keyboards), DEREK HOLT (Rhythm Guitar, Bass, Organ), RICHARD JONES (Bass) and GEORGE
Produced by Chris Thomas and engineered by Jeff
Jarratt and Geoff Emerick, the sessions produced more material than that which
appeared on the original album. Seven extra tracks, recorded and mixed during
these recording sessions appear as bonus tracks on this remastered reissue for
the first time.
This Esoteric Recordings includes a lavishly
illustrated booklet that fully restores the original album artwork and a new
Release Date: 25/02/2013
Our Price: £10.95
MEAN OLD WORLD
GOING DOWN THIS ROAD
YOU’VE BEEN DRINKING
DON’T START ME TALKIN’
WEE BABY BLUES
TWENTY PAST ONE
A STANGER IN YOUR TOWN
HOW MANY MORE YEARS
LOOKING FOR MY BABY
PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED BONUS TRACKS
CHECKING ON MY BABY
DON’T START ME TALKIN’ (TAKE ONE)
YOU’VE BEEN DRINKING (TAKE ONE)
AND LONELY (TAKE FIVE)
Karma's A Bitch
• Iconic female-fronted metal act HELLION announce details of their first new album in over a decade, Karma’s A Bitch. The new mini-LP is set for release via HNE/Cherry Red Records on October 6th in Europe and the UK, just before the band set out on a massive tour of the US. The cover artwork was designed by British artist Wolven Claws of The Crystallomantic Art.
• With a stellar line-up featuring vocalist Ann Boleyn, drummer Simon Wright (formerly of AC/DC, DIO, and UFO), keyboardist Scott Warren (formerly with DIO and HEAVEN & HELL), bassist Bjorn Englen (formerly with Yngwie Malmsteen), and up-and-coming shred guitarist Maxxxwell Carlisle, this is easily Hellion's strongest line-up ever.
• Produced by Simon Wright and Ann Boleyn alongside legendary British studio icon Ken Scott, who has produced and engineered many iconic albums for artists that include David Bowie, Elton John, Supertramp and The Beatles.
• Ken Scott recently said of the comparison between working with David Bowie and Ann Boleyn: "Working with Bowie or working with Ann of HELLION, you've got sheer talent.” Acknowledging Boleyn as the driving force propelling the band, Scott notes: "Over the years, the musicians have changed. The one musician that has always been the same is Ann. So once again, it's new musicians. The one constant thing about HELLION is Ann, and her incredible voice."
• According to Rob DiMartini of Metal Scream Radio, ‘Hell Has No Fury’ delivers full-tilt metal with a sublime orchestral section by Scott Warren and the blistering guitar work of Maxwell Carlisle. Watch The City Burn takes listeners on an in-depth journey into the anger and chaos of a full-blown riot. The final piece, ‘Rockin’ ‘Til The End’, begins with the hammering double-bass power groove of Simon Wright at his finest. With an anthem-like melody, this is a song that fans will be singing along with when Hellion hits the road.”
• HELLION is set to kick off their North American tour in October, and are looking forward to hitting the UK & Europe afterwards!
NB: This title is released on October 6, 2014 and will not be dispatched until this date.
2. KARMA’S A BITCH
3. HELL HAS NO FURY
4. WATCH THE CITY BURN
5. ROCKIN’ ’TIL THE END
Our Price: £7.99
click to see more