• Vinicius de Moraes, Rio de Janeiro born poet and diplomat (worked for the Brazilian Foreign Ministry in North America, France and Uruguay). A truly singular figure in his nation's culture.
• In 1954 he wrote the play Orfeu da Conceição , which was soon adapted by French director Marcel Camus into the film, Black Orpheus, a controversial, but enormously popular movie which impressed early 1960s audiences with its beautiful soundtrack and panoramic technicolor views of Rio de Janeiro.
Throughout the sixties, Vinicius is at the centre of Bohemian Rio, collaborating with Carlos Lyra, Nara
MUSICAS DE ORFEU DA CONCEICAO
(ORPHEUS OF THE CARNIVAL)
2. MONOLOGO DE ORFEU (ORFEU DA CONCEICAO)
3. UM NOME MULHER (A WOMAN'S NAME)
4. SE TODAS FOSSEM IGUIAS A VOCE (SOMEONE TO LIGHT UP MY LIFE)
5. MULHER, SEMPRE MULHER (ALWAYS A WOMAN)
6. EU E O MEU AMOR (MY LOVE AND I)
7. LAMENTO NO MORRO (LAMENT ON THE HILL)
8. ANA LUCIA - Agua de beber (Water to Drink)
9. AGOSTINHO DOS SANTOS - Samba em prelúdio
10. AGOSTINHO DOS SANTOS - A felicidade (Happiness)
AGOSTINHO DOS SANTOS - O Amor
Our Price: £9.95