Paper Lace / We've Got The Whole World In Our Hands / Brian Clough With JJ Barie / You Can't Win 'Em / All Fat & Frantic / Brian! / Vic Blackwell & Forest Supporters / Nottingham Forest / Karl & The Heidelburgers Featuring Chris (The Mouth)Ashley / Marching To Munich / Viv Anderson & Trevor Francis / You'll Never Walk Alone / Njaal Helle / Nottingham Forest (Is My Rock'n'roll) / Medium Wave Band / Who'll Win The European Cup / Tristam Shandy Featuring Chris (The Mouth) Ashley / Magic In Madrid / The Fans /Come On You Reds / The Strikers / Forest Fire / Njaal Helle / Nottingham Forest (Is In My Soul) / Justin Fashanu / Do It Cos You Like It / Geoff Blott & The Nottingham Boys / We Reign Supreme / Resistance 77 / You Reds / The Merry Men / Psycho / Give Us A Kiss / Sorted For Clough / Hector Cortez & His Formation / Robin Hood / Josh Richards / The Road To Nottingham / Brian Clough With Jj Barrie & Friends / It's Only A Game
Chewing The Fat: Deluxe Edition
• Back in early 80s Soho, Blue Rondo A La Turk defined ‘cool’. Singer/writer Chris Sullivan, guitarist Mark Reilly and vocalist Christos Tolera (with help from myriad talented personnel) married Latin jazz, R&B, Cuban and urban soul with a strong pop sensibility (witty lyrics, catchy melodies).
• The band emerged from the heart of London’s clubland and scored with singles such as the Top 40 hit ‘Me And Mr. Sanchez’ and the irrepressible ‘Klacto Vee Sedstein’, epitomising a glamourous, multi-cultural New Pop. By the time of debut album Chewing The Fat in 1982, they were the darlings of new style magazines like The Face and i-D. ‘Me and Mr. Sanchez’ went on to be No. 1 in Brazil and was the theme tune for the 1982 World Cup!
• After Chewing The Fat, the team went their separate ways. While Mark Reilly and others founded Matt Bianco, a new line-up with shortened name Blue Rondo delivered a promising second album Bees Knees And Chicken Elbows before bowing out.
• Some three decades on, Chewing The Fat makes its debut on CD, overseen by the band. For this deluxe two-CD edition, the band commissioned a flurry of contemporary remixes, which now join original non-album tracks to present a re-imagining of Blue Rondo’s music for the 21st Century. These new remixes comprise Disc 2. Among those who’ve given the original Blue Rondo recordings a fresh, modern twist are such legends as Youth and Andy Weatherall.
• A single will be released from Chewing The Fat, coupling ‘Klactpolkastein’ with ‘417-FLU’ and the Andy Weatherall mix ‘Klactofilthedstein’.
This product is released June 16 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
CHEWING THE FAT (EXPANDED)
2. I SPY FOR THE F.B.I.
4. THE HEAVENS ARE CRYING
(John Luongo Mix)
5. THE METHOD
6. THEY REALLY DON'T
8. KLACTO VEE SEDSTEIN
BONUS ORIGINAL MIXES
10. ME AND MR SANCHEZ (7")
12. THE HEAVENS ARE CRYING (7")
13. ME AND MR SANCHEZ (12")
14. KLACTO (Part Two)
15. THE CITIES ARE DYING
2. LIGHT AND SHADOW
6. MALANDRO DO SANCHEZ
9. SAMBA DO SANCHEZ
10. COCOMAKOSSA (Fonkaye Mofo Mix)
11. SAMBA DO SENHOR SANCHEZ
(Faze AcBon Mix)
12. THERE’S A CHANGE
(Youth’s Troca De Angola Faiy Fat Mix)
(Andy Weatherall’s Mixling)
(Youth’s Acid Dub It Up Dischord Mix)
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more