• The brainchild of once MFSB member and legendary vibraphonist, Vince Montana Jr, THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA was formed in 1974 and was the house band for the remarkable Salsoul Records, sometimes featured up to 50 members amongst its ranks including a number of former musicians from MFSB of the Gable & Huff fronted Philadelphia International Records and fused elements of Funk, Latin, Disco and Philly Soul into their compositions.
• Conducted by Vincent Montana Jr., THE SALSOUL ORCHESTRA began an eight-year recording period in 1975 releasing eleven sensational albums during that time featuring production input from Tom Moulton, Stan Lucas, Patrick Adams and Bunny Sigler through the years.
• BBR is proud to bring you the fourth instalment of our Salsoul Orchestra re-issues, HEAT IT UP. Recorded in New York at Blank Tapes Inc. and released in 1982, HEAT IT UP was guided by the incredible production talents of the aforementioned Patrick Adams who also contributed to the song writing and harnessed the power of long time vocal collaborator Loleatta Holloway who features on 3 of the cuts on this album.
• Standout tracks include the singles "Take Some Time Out (For Love)” (featuring a lead vocal from Jocelyn Brown) and "Seconds,” which features the vocal talents of Loleatta Holloway, and the opening and closing tracks penned by Patrick Adams, "Columbia: The Space Shuttle” and the title track "Heat It Up.”
• This newly re-mastered, fully expanded edition comes packaged complete with extensive liner notes and added bonus content making this BBR Re-master a must have for all Funk, Soul, Disco, R&B and Philly Soul fans out there!
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more