• "Super Star” was originally released in 1978, and although Howard Kenny did not become a Superstar, he made an album he can be proud of.
• The album was produced by Larry Blackmon, who was on a roll at the time with his band Cameo, and the main men from Cameo also played on this album, plus the likes of Patrice Rushen, Harvey Mason & Funk band Seawind also feature heavily.
• ‘Save Some For The Children’ was the stand out track from this album which was the only single released in the UK, aimed squarely at the disco market, it was released as a 12” single on the Warner Brothers De-Luxe range complete with a BPM credit of 120 so DJ’s knew the song tempo. Although this track never made the Pop charts, it could be heard in nightclubs all over the world, and sounds as good today as it did back in the day.
• The tracks ‘Super Star’ and ‘Between The Lines’ were also issued as singles in various territories.
• This package also features comprehensive sleeve notes by Ralph Tee.
2. BETWEEN THE LINES
3. NO FUN TO ME
4. CAN’T WAIT TO MAKE YOU MINE
5. NO PROMISE OF TOMORROW
6. SAVE SOME FOR THE CHILDREN
7. NO PROMISE OF TOMORROW (REPRISE)
8. EARLY IN THE MORNING.
9. IT’S GONNA BE ALRIGHT
Our Price: £9.95
Track list as above
& EXPANDED 2 CD DIGIPACK EDITION OF THE 1988 LIVE ALBUM BY BARCLAY JAMES
CONCERT RECORDED AT TREPTOWER PARK, EAST BERLIN ON 14th JULY 1987,
WITH SEVEN TRACKS PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ON CD
FULLY RESTORED ARTWORK & ESSAY
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce a newly
remastered edition of the 1987 album by BARCLAY JAMES HARVEST, "Glasnost”. The
album was recorded at Treptower Park, East Berlin on 14th July 1987
at a time of great change in Eastern Europe, prior to the reunification of
The concert was one of the first by a Western rock
band in East Germany and was a major event, seeing the band play to an
estimated 175,000 people.
This Esoteric Recordings reissue has been expanded
to include the full concert in the original set running order and has been
newly remastered from the original master tapes, and features a booklet that
fully restores all original album artwork with a new essay by BJH experts Keith
and Monika Domone.
Release Date: 25/03/2013
Our Price: £11.99
click to see more