• HOLIDAYDREAM – SOUNDS OF THE HOLIDAYS – the first ever Christmas themed collection of songs from The Polyphonic Spree – finally gets a full European release in this special edition package.
• Holidaydream – Sounds Of The Holidays is quite simply a collection of the band’s favourite Christmas songs, given the Polyphonic Spree treatment. Such seasonal classics as ‘Winter Wonderland’, ‘Silent Night’, and ‘White Christmas’, are wonderfully embellished with the trademark Polyphonic sounds - heavy doses of strings, woodwinds, and lush choral arrangements.
• This special edition of the album contains two previously unreleased bonus tracks – ‘It’s Christmas’ and ‘Silver Bells (Malachai Remix)’.
• Also included in this special version release is a bonus DVD disc containing a full live show from the band recorded in August 2013 in London. In front of a exuberant crowd the band run through many of their hits along with tracks from their 2013 album release ‘Yes, It’s True’.
DISC ONE: CD
1. A WORKING ELF'S THEME
2. WINTER WONDERLAND
3. THE CHRISTMAS SONG (CHESTNUTS ROASTING ON AN OPEN FIRE)
4. HAPPY XMAS (WAR IS OVER)
5. SILENT NIGHT
6. SILVER BELLS
7. DO YOU HEAR WHAT I HEAR?
8. CAROL OF THE DRUM (LITTLE DRUMMER BOY)
9. WHITE CHRISTMAS
10. LET IT SNOW
11. IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
12. SILVER BELLS (REPRISE)
14. IT’S CHRISTMAS
15. SILVER BELLS (MALACHAI REMIX)
DISC TWO: DVD - POLYPHONIC SPREE LIVE IN LONDON, AUGUST 2013
1. OPENER / HOLD ME NOW
2. LIGHT TO FOLLOW
3. YOUNGER YESTERDAY
4. POPULAR BY DESIGN
5. 2000 PLACES
6. GET UP AND GO / RUNNING AWAY
7. HOLD YOURSELF UP / YOU DON’T KNOW ME
8. LIGHT AND DAY
9. THE BEST PART
10. WE SOUND AMAZED
11. SOLDIER GIRL
Our Price: £10.95
Yes, It's True
'Yes, It’s True’. The Polyphonic Spree return to the UK with a new album and tour dates this summer. The band who captured the imagination of thousands from their first notes at David Bowie’s Meltdown in 2002 and went on to take hearts and minds at Glastonbury and on a succession of UK tours have been away from our ears and eyes for some time but have remained a touchstone for all that is innovative, beautiful and downright different in the music scene.
The first album from the band in five years, excluding 2012’s ‘HolidayDream : Sounds Of The Holidays’ compilation of Tim and Julie’s favourite Christmas songs, follows Tim’s diversion into recording with former Tripping Daisy bandmate and ex Secret Machines man Philip E Karnats as Preteen Zenith alongside a revamp for his Good Records Recordings label. If, at first sight, The Polyphonic Spree were defined by their robes and the sheer size of their travelling carnival, now, over a decade since the release of that debut album, ‘The Beginning Stages Of’, with a host of tv appearances, three studio albums and countless festival and touring performances under their belt, The Polyphonic Spree have made the journey from interesting oddballs to globally respected and renowned musicians and composers. Few contemporary acts can point to having such impact on the musical world as The Polyphonic Spree, whether the patronage of Bowie or the ability to tackle a new version of the ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ to glowing reviews in both the UK and the USA.‘Yes, It’s True’ continues the Spree’s musical journey; still focused on the melodies that always set them apart but developed with the use of rhythm programming and additional instrumentation to create an album that flourishes eleven tracks to the listener as though this writing pop songs thing was nothing more than an impulse.
Produced by the band’s Tim DeLaughter and Julie Doyle under their guise as ‘The Speekers’ with Eric Drew Feldman (Captain Beefheart, PJ Harvey) and additional production and mix from Tim Palmer (U2, Pearl Jam), ‘Yes, It’s True’ is released on the band’s own Good Records Recordings via Cherry Red on 5th August. A single from the album, ‘You Don’t Know Me’, will be released on July 29The Polyphonic Spree return to the UK for two festivals shows as follows..
4th AUGUST 2013 - CAMP BESTIVAL, DORSET
6TH AUGUST 2013 - ALBUM LAUNCH GIG AT VILLAGE UNDERGROUND, LONDON
7th SEPTEMBER 2013 -BESTIVAL, THE ISLE OF WIGHT
For more tour dates, news, info please visit The Polyphonic Spree's official website
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more