This essential collection has been compiled by the Soup Dragons
themselves and features some of their favourite songs sourced from their 3
albums covering the period 1990-1995 - "Lovegod", "Hotwired"
and the unreleased offering in the UK "Hydrophonic".
This 20 track
compilation includes album tracks, b-sides and rarities never heard before.
collection features four singles: the UK #5 hit "I'm Free", "Mother Universe" #26, "Pleasure" and
"Divine Thing" a top 20 single in the USA and the promotional video
was nominated for a prestigious MTV award.
albums for this compilation enjoyed critical and commercial success both sides
of the Atlantic. Reissues of these albums are planned for early 2013.
The band have
collaborated on some of the tracks on the album with Mickey Finn (T-Rex),
Bootsy Collins (Funkadelic / Parliament), Lynval and Neville (The Specials /
Fun Boy 3) and Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads / Tom Tom Club).
cover has been designed by Sean Dickson from the band and the CD booklet will
feature many of the original sleeves and a full UK discography. The sleeve
notes have been written by the band's vocalist and songwriter Sean Dickson.
has been made with the full co-operation of the Soup Dragons. The band have
been at the heart of all the track selections and the artwork design and the
contents of the CD booklet.
Dragons hail from Glasgow. The band line up:
Sean Dickson - vocals and guitar, Jim
McCulloch - backing vocals and guitar, Sushil K. Dade - bass and Paul Quinn -
drums and percussion.
Release Date: 26/11/2012
Our Price: £9.95
|1. DIVINE THING
2. I'M FREE
4. WHAT YOU WANT
5. FOREVER YESTERDAY
6. MOTHER UNIVERSE
7. 4 WAY BRAIN
8. CRUEL LUST
9. CONTACT HIGH
10. REST IN PEACE
11. MOTHERFUNKER MEETS THE INNERSPHERE
13. ELECTRIC BLUES
15. DRIVE THE PAIN
16. BACKWARDS DOG
17. GETTING DOWN
Dung 4: Expanded Edition
• THE INSPIRAL CARPETS – along with the Stone Roses and the Happy Mondays – made their name as part of the whole ‘Madchester’ scene, with a string of classic singles and a lucrative line in iconic T-shirts.
• Between 1989 and 1995, the band notched up 15 hits and four Top 20 albums before disbanding. In 2003, they re-formed and have been playing sporadically ever since. In 2011, they reunited with original singer Stephen Holt and are now working on a brand new album for Cherry Red – their first for two decades.
• Back in mid-1989, after the Inspirals had launched their own Cow label, they released the mail-order cassette DUNG 4. This album’s worth of demos had been recorded around New Year’s 1987, boasting unique songs as well as versions of tracks which they later re-recorded. Dung 4 went on to sell some 8,000 copies but has never been reissued on vinyl or CD.
• Officially sanctioned by the Inspirals and remastered with help from their organist Clint Boon, Dung 4 is now expanded with the addition of four tracks from their earlier demo tape, Cow, recorded in May 1987.
• The band will be properly supporting this release with radio and press interviews, etc.
• This CD is released 28th April and will not be shipped prior to this date.
1. KEEP THE CIRCLE AROUND
2. SEEDS OF DOUBT
5. INSIDE MY HEAD
6. SUN DON'T SHINE
7. THEME FROM COW
10. GARAGE FULL OF FLOWERS
11. 96 TEARS
12. HEAD FOR THE SUN
13. NOW YOU'RE GONE
15. LOVE CAN NEVER LOSE ITS OWN
UPDATE: 16/06.2014: - Please note all signed stock has now sold out, regular version is still available.
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more
Shall We Take A Trip: The Factory Recordings 1990-1991
• Back in 1990, youthful Manchester band NORTHSIDE were signed amid much publicity by Tony Wilson to the legendary Factory Records, who were then riding high on the crest of the ‘Madchester’ boom with the likes of the Happy Mondays.
• NORTHSIDE charted with their very first single, the double-A-sided ‘Shall We Take A Trip’ (with its notorious opening chant, "L… S… D”) and ‘Moody Places’. Follow-up ‘My Rising Star’ peaked at No. 32 in November 1990 and the band enjoyed a third consecutive Top 40 in June 1991 with ‘Take 5’. That same month, the band’s only album, CHICKEN RHYTHMS, reached No. 19.
• Thereafter, NORTHSIDE demo’d material for a second album but Factory Records got into financial trouble and the band eventually split up.
• Recently, however, the original line-up of NORTHSIDE have reunited for a tour: Warren "Dermo" Dermody (Vocals), Cliff Ogier (Bass), Timmy Walsh (Guitar) and Paul Walsh (Drums).
• SHALL WE TAKE A TRIP boasts the band’s entire Factory output during that brief, heady period when the charts were awash with Baggy bands. Alongside a remastered edition of CHICKEN RHYTHMS are all their 7” and 12” mixes (some of them new to CD) plus a previously unreleased BBC Radio 5 session for Mark Radcliffe’s show Hit The North.
• NORTHSIDE will be supporting this release with selected tour dates around the UK.
12th April – Brixton Jamm, London
17th April - Brudenell Social Club, Leeds
18th April - The Venue, Derby
19th April - The Cross, Birmingham
24th April - The Classic Grand, Glasgow
26th April - Café Drummonds, Aberdeen
3rd May 2014 - Club Academy, Manchester
1. TAKE 5
2. WEIGHT OF AIR
3. FUNKY MUNKY
4. A CHANGE IS ON ITS WAY
5. YEAH MAN
6. TOUR DE WORLD
7. WISHFUL THINKING
8. SHALL WE TAKE A TRIP?
9. WHO'S TO BLAME
10. PRACTISE MAKES PERFECT
11. MY RISING STAR
1. SHALL WE TAKE A TRIP? (12”)
2. MOODY PLACES (12")
3. MY RISING STAR (12")
4. TAKE 5 (7”)
5. TOUR DE WORLD (Edit)
6. MOODY PLACES (7")
7. MY RISING STAR *
8. WEIGHT OF AIR *
9. MOODY PLACES *
10. A CHANGE IS ON ITS WAY *
11. MY RISING STAR (7” Instrumental)
12. WHO'S TO BLAME (Instrumental)
13. MOODY PLACES (Instrumental)
14. MY RISING STAR (12” Instrumental)
* Radio 5 Mark Radcliffe Session
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ALBUM IS RELEASED ON 19TH MAY AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more