• THOMPSON TWINS were one of the most successful British pop groups of the 1980s, with a string of hit records, including ‘Love On Your Side’ (#9), ‘We Are Detective’ (#7), ‘Hold Me Now’ (#4), ‘Doctor! Doctor!’ (#2), ‘You Take Me Up’ (#2) and ‘Sister Of Mercy’ (#11).
• REMIXES & RARITIES assembles rare tracks from the archives alongside classic full length extended versions of the group’s hit singles from the golden era of the 1980s.
• Compiled and collated with the support and involvement of Thompson Twins’ Tom Bailey.
• Six tracks appear on CD for the first time, including sought-after early B-side ‘In The Beginning’, the 7” version of US single ‘The Gap’ and the US Remix of ‘Lay Your Hands On Me’.
• Remastered from the original tapes.
• After many years in semi-retirement, Tom Bailey is now back out on the road as an active performer.
• With over 145 minutes of hits, hard-to-find tracks, and extended mixes, REMIXES & RARITIES will appeal to collectors and casual fans alike. A must for Thompson Twins fans & 80's Pop lovers everywhere!
1. LOVE ON YOUR SIDE (RAP BOY RAP)
2. (BIGGER & BETTER) LIES
3. LAY YOURS HANDS ON ME (US REMIX)
4. IN THE NAME OF LOVE (12” DANCE EXTENSION)
5. YOU TAKE ME UP (MACHINES TAKE ME OVER)
6. WATCHING (YOU WATCHING ME) (12” VERSION)
7. IN THE BEGINNING (7” B-SIDE)
8. WE ARE DETECTIVE (MORE CLUES)
9. KING FOR A DAY (US MIX)
10. DOCTOR! DOCTOR! (EXTENDED VERSION)
11. LONG GOODBYE (EXTENDED MIX)
12. THE GAP (SINGLE/AOR VERSION)
13. BIG BUSINESS
1. SISTER OF MERCY (12” VERSION)
2. ROLL OVER (AGAIN)
3. LOVE LIES FIERCE
4. LAY YOUR HANDS ON ME (1985 EXTENDED EDIT)
5. THE GAP (EXTENDED VERSION/CLUB REMIX)
6. DON’T MESS WITH DOCTOR DREAM (SMACKATTACK!)
7. NOTHING IN COMMON (CLUB MIX)
8. HOLD ME NOW (EXTENDED VERSION)
9. REVOLUTION (EXTENDED MIX)
11. FOOLS IN PARADISE
Our Price: £10.95
Track listing as above.
The Remix Anthology - The Remixes 1984-1991 2CD
A brand new
chronological collection of 26 of Five Star's biggest hits remixed, spanning
the group's career 1984-1991, exclusive to Cherry Pop.
2 CD 26 track collection features versions of the band's hit singles All Fall
Down (#15), Let Me Be The One (#18), Love Take Over (#25), R.S.V.P. (#45), System
Addict (#3), Can't Wait Another Minute (#7), Find The Time (#7), If I Say Yes
(#15), Stay Out Of My Life (#9), The Slightest Touch (#4), Whenever You're
Ready (#11), Somewhere Somebody (#23), Another Weekend (#18), With Every
Heartbeat (#49), Treat Me Like A Lady (#54) and Hot Love (#68).
tracks are appearing on CD for the first time.
remixes by Shep Pettibone, Phil Harding (PWL), Paul Hardcastle and David
the tracks have been sourced from the original production masters from Sony's
of these tracks are rare and could previously only be found on hard to source
of these mixes were only ever released in the US.
Star were the youngest act to top the album chart with the million-seller Silk
sleeve artwork has been created for this new essential compilation for all fans
of the band.
CD booklet contains comprehensive sleeve notes, covering the group’s career.
Star were awarded Top British Group in Smash Hits magazine and at the 1987 Brit
Five Star titles available on Cherry Pop; Luxury Of Life (CRPOP73), Silk &
Steel (CRPOP74), Between The Lines (CRPOP94), Rock The World (CRPOP95), Five
Star (CRPOPD116) and Shine (CRPOP117).
Five Star story began in 1983 when the children of reggae musician Buster
Pearson decided to form their own pop group. Under their father's watchful
managerial eye, they signed to his own label Tent Records. Their debut album
"Luxury Of Life" was released in August 1985 and peaked at #12 in the
album charts. Their second album, the #1 hit "Silk & Steel"
followed in August 1986 and became triple platinum. In the 1980s the band
recorded 21 hit singles, 11 of them top 20, and 4 original albums followed by a
Greatest Hits album in 1989. The band, likened predictably to the Jackson 5 were
one of the leading UK pop acts of the decade.
Release Date: 18/02/2013
HIDE AND SEEK
(EXTENDED DANCE MIX)
ALL FALL DOWN
LET ME BE THE
(DANCE MIX BY HARDROCK)
LOVE TAKE OVER
(PAUL HARDCASTLE'S EXTENDED VERSION)
(REMIX S'IL VOUS PLAIT)
(THE M&M REMIX VERSION)
FIND THE TIME
(SHEP PETTIBONE REMIX - PART 1)
IF I SAY YES
(LEW HAHN US DUB REMIX)
STAY OUT OF MY
LIFE (12" VERSION)
TOUCH (SLIGHTEST DUB)
ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH
(SHEP PETTIBONE 7" MIX)
READY (CRAZY DUB JAMMY)
(THE PETTIBONE MIX SHORT VERSION)
(FRIDAY NIGHT DUB MIX)
LOVE (R&B DANCE MIX W/O RAP)
HEARTBEAT (12" MIX)
TREAT ME LIKE
A LADY (TOUGH MIX)
HOT LOVE (FULL
HOP BOOM MIX)
HIDE AND SEEK
ANOTHER MINUTE (12" MIX)
IF I SAY YES
TOUCH (SHEP PETTIBONE 7")
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more
Tasmanian Tiger EP (Strictly Limited Edition on CD & 7" Vinyl)
TASMANIAN TIGER - A STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION 4-TRACK COLOURED VINYL 7” EP IN GATEFOLD SLEEVE PACKAGED WITH 4 TRACK CD. RELEASED ON 10th FEBRUARY 2014. PRE-ORDER YOUR COPY NOW...
Marc Almond is back with a brand new 4-track EP, featuring a plethora of excellent ‘friends’ including Jarvis Cocker (Pulp) and Carl Barat (The Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things). Following the successful experience with double A single ‘Burn Bright/The Dancing Marquis’, legendaryproducer Tony Visconti (Bowie, T-Rex, The Moody Blues, Morrissey) is also back working alongside Marc.
Next to producer Tris Penna, Visconti lends a helping hand on string arrangements and mixing duties for the opening track, ‘Tasmanian Tiger’, and ‘Death of a Dandy’, the latter inspired by the recent death of Soho’s tragic artist Sebastian Horsley and featuring special guest Danielz from T-Rex tribute ‘T.Rextasy’. Jarvis Cocker brings to the mix an infectious electro-pop number he wrote for the occasion, ‘Worship Me Now’, where he also features on backing vocals and takes care of production with Jason Buckle (All Seeing I). Completing the excellent recording, ‘Love Is Not On Trial’ sees Almond continuing his collaboration with Carl Barat, his co-star in the 2012 opera ‘Poppea’ at Theatre du Chatelet in Paris. Produced again by Tris Penna, the song was written especially for Marc by Carl, who also features on guitar and vocals.
The eclectic 4 track EP is available on a strictly limited edition turquoise coloured 7" vinyl in a beautifully designed gatefold sleeve, complete with a CD of the same four songs.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A PRE-ORDER AND THE RECORD WILL NOT BE SENT OUT UNTIL FEBRUARY 2014
Our Price: £9.99
click to see more
C86 – THE DELUXE EDITION (3CD Boxset)
Cherry Red is delighted to release this deluxe 3 CD boxset edition of the original iconic NME indie cassette compilation.
Curated by the same team behind last year’s award-winning 5-CD box set Scared To Get Happy, this highly anticipated reissue will be housed in a 'clamshell'-style hinged box, with a chunky booklet including a 11,500-word sleeve-note by Neil Taylor and lots of pretty pictures.
In the NME's own words...
"The album, first released on a cassette with NME in 1986, went on to inspire a generation of indie bands and features music by Primal Scream, The Pastels, Shop Assistants and The Wedding Present among many others.
Former NME writer Neil Taylor, who assisted in compiling the original 22 track album nearly 30 years ago, has written the liner notes for the reissue and helped with the curation of two bonus discs of material which will include songs exclusive to CD and some never released before including tracks by The Love Act, North of Cornwallis and Paul Groovy & The Pop Art Experience."
Here's the track list in full...
C86 – DELUXE EDITION
DISC 1 – ORIGINAL ALBUM:
1. PRIMAL SCREAM Velocity Girl
2. THE MIGHTY LEMON DROPS Happy Head
3. THE SOUP DRAGONS Pleasantly Surprised
4. THE WOLFHOUNDS Feeling So Strange Again *
5. THE BODINES Therese
6. MIGHTY MIGHTY Law
7. STUMP Buffalo *
8. BOGSHED Run To The Temple *
9. A WITNESS Sharpened Sticks
10. THE PASTELS Breaking Lines *
11. AGE OF CHANCE From Now On, This Will Be Your God *
12. SHOP ASSISTANTS It's Up to You *
13. CLOSE LOBSTERS Firestation Towers *
14. MIAOW Sport Most Royal
15. HALF MAN HALF BISCUIT
I Hate Nerys Hughes (From The Heart)
16. THE SERVANTS Transparent
17. MacKENZIES Big Jim (There's No Pubs In Heaven) *
18. BIG FLAME New Way
(Quick Wash And Brush Up With Liberation Theology) *
19. WE’VE GOT A FUZZBOX AND WE’RE GONNA USE IT
Console Me *
20. McCARTHY Celestial City *
21. THE SHRUBS Bullfighter's Bones *
22. THE WEDDING PRESENT This Boy Can Wait (A Bit Longer!)
1. THE JUNE BRIDES Just The Same
2. YEAH YEAH NOH Another Side To Mrs Quill
3. THE PRIMITIVES Lazy
4. JESSE GARON & THE DESPERADOES Splashing Along
5. THE BAND OF HOLY JOY Rosemary Smith
6. THE McTELLS Virginia M.C. *
7. B.M.X. BANDITS E102
8. ONE THOUSAND VIOLINS Like One Thousand Violins
9. THE DENTISTS Peppermint Dreams
10. THE MEMBRANES Everything’s Brilliant
11. THE WEATHER PROPHETS Worm In My Brain
12. THE BRILLIANT CORNERS Meet Me On Tuesdays
13. TALULAH GOSH I Told You So
14. PIGBROS Hedonist Hat
15. 14 ICED BEARS Inside
16. ST. CHRISTOPHER Go Ahead, Cry *
17. THE GROOVE FARM Captain Fantastic (Demo)
18. KILGORE TROUT The Peacock Nose *
19. THE JESUS AND MARY CHAIN Inside Me
20. THE HIT PARADE You Didn't Love Me Then
21. THAT PETROL EMOTION Mine
22. THE TURNCOATS One Breath *
23. A RIOT OF COLOUR Skink (Flexi Version) *
24. PAUL GROOVY & THE POP ART EXPERIENCE
Tune In, Turn On, Trip Out **
25. THE RAILWAY CHILDREN Darkness And Colour
1. THE CHESTERF!ELDS Sweet Revenge
2. THE JASMINE MINKS World’s No Place
3. STITCHED-BACK FOOT AIRMAN Why *
4. RAZORCUTS Sad Kaleidoscope
5. TREEBOUND STORY I Remember *
6. THE NIGHTINGALES Part Time Moral England
7. EPISODE FOUR Strike Up Matches
8. THE AVONS Everything’s Going Right *
9. MEAT WHIPLASH Here It Comes
10. KING OF THE SLUMS Spider Psychiatry *
11. HAPPY MONDAYS Freaky Dancin’
12. BIFF BANG POW! Love’s Going Out Of Fashion
13. BLUE AEROPLANES Tolerance (Remix)
14. LAWRENCE & THE COMFORTABLE SOCIETY Heartache *
15. LAUGH Take Your Time, Yeah (Flexi Version) *
16. NORTH OF CORNWALLIS Billy Liar **
17. POP WILL EAT ITSELF Mesmerized
18. BENNY PROFANE Hang Fire *
19. GO! SERVICE Real Life
20. JANITORS Good To Be The King *
21. THE CLAIM Gullible’s Travels
22. THE AUCTIONEERS Scoop **
23. NOSEFLUTES Perfect Cockney Hard-On *
24. THE LOVE ACT Hep Clothes **
25. THE ENORMOUS ROOM I Don’t Need You *
** = previously unreleased
* = new to CD (or we think so, anyway)
triple disc deluxe edition of C86 is set to be one of the most sought
after box set releases of the year, but don't take our word for it -
here's what some of the world's most respected music blogs have to say
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS BOX SET WILL BE RELEASED ON 9TH JUNE AND PRE-ORDERS WILL NOT BE DESPATCHED BEFORE THAT DATE. TO PRE ORDER YOUR COPY CLICK ON THE 'ORDER NOW' BUTTON BELOW...
Our Price: £18.99
click to see more
FEATURING COLLABORATIONS WITH TONY VISCONTI, JARVIS COCKER, CARL BARAT and DANIELZ
• New release ‘Dancing Marquis’ compiles together the 6 tracks released previously on two strictly limited edition vinyl EPs and adds another two brand new tracks and two exclusive and stunning remixes.
• In 2013, Marc Almond realised the ambition of a lifetime when he attended a few recording sessions with the legendary record producer Tony Visconti, famous for his work with David Bowie, Hazel O'Connor, T-Rex, The Moody Blues and Morrissey. The stunning results of their unique collaboration are the two tracks 'Burn Bright' / 'The Dancing Marquis' that kick-off this CD.
• Next to producer Tris Penna, Tony Visconti also lends a helping hand on string arrangements and mixing duties on two further tracks, ‘Tasmanian Tiger’, and ‘Death of a Dandy’, the latter inspired by the recent death of Soho’s tragic artist Sebastian Horsley and which also features special guest Danielz from T-Rex tribute ‘T.Rextasy’.
• Carrying on in this collaborative vein, the CD also includes the talents of Martin McCarrick (Siouxsie And The Banshees, Therapy?) contributing cello on the hearteningly buoyant 'Burn Bright' and strings on the title-track 'The Dancing Marquis', a song that Marc Almond wrote 'with Henry Paget 5th Marquess of Anglesey in mind'.
• Jarvis Cocker brings to the mix an infectious electro-pop number he wrote especially for Marc, ‘Worship Me Now’, where he also features as a special guest on backing vocals and on the production duties with Jason Buckle (All Seeing I). Two additional dance remixes of ‘Worship Me Now’ are also included exclusively on this release. ‘Love Is Not On Trial’ sees Marc Almond continuing his collaboration with Carl Barat (Libertines), his co-star in the 2012 opera ‘Poppea’ at Theatre du Chatelet in Paris.
• Produced again by Tris Penna, the song was written especially for Marc by Carl, who also features on guitar and vocals.
• Completing this release are two further all new tracks, So What’s Tonight? and Idiot Dancing.
This product is released June 16 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. THE DANCING MARQUIS
2. BURN BRIGHT
3. TASMANIAN TIGER
4. WORSHIP ME NOW
5. LOVE IS NOT ON TRIAL
6. DEATH OF A DANDY
7. SO WHAT’S TONIGHT?
8. IDIOT DANCING
9. WORSHIP ME NOW (STARCLUSTER REMIX)
10. WORSHIP ME NOW (SPATIAL AWARENESS REMIX)
Our Price: £10.95
click to see more
Ten Plagues (CD/DVD)
• ‘Ten Plagues’ is an award winning one-man song cycle written especially for Marc Almond by celebrated playwright Mark Ravenhill (‘Shopping And F**king’, ‘Mother Clap’s Molly House’ and ‘The Cut’) with the accomplished musical dramatist Conor Mitchell.
• ‘Ten Plagues’ is presented here in a special 2-disc package including an all new studio recording of the complete work as well as a DVD of the live stage show filmed at the historic Wilton’s Music Hall in East London.
• ‘Ten Plagues’ tells the intense story of one man’s survival through the great plague of London in 1665 whilst drawing poetic parallels to more modern epidemics.
• Marc Almond plays a character wracked by the loss of friends, lovers, family and sanity in a city in the midst of crisis and disease. He tries to hold on to his humanity despite mourning, grief, despair and the physical isolation that the plague necessitates.
• ‘Ten Plagues’ in turn conjures up our reactions to more contemporary pandemics: for example, the fear, hysteria and prejudice about the first victims of AIDS, at the outset referred to as a ‘gay plague’; those who suffered were afraid, isolated and made to feel outcasts of society.
• The piece was performed at the Traverse Theatre at The Edinburgh International Fringe Festival in 2011 and received the prestigious ‘Fringe First Award’.
• Marc Almond stated in 2014; "if I could perform a piece such as Ten Plagues, I could do anything. Nothing would daunt me again." And so it proved, for ‘Ten Plagues’ was indeed another important turning point in Marc Almond’s diverse and acclaimed career. It gave him the confidence and credibility to tackle all new dramatic stage roles such as the part of Seneca in ‘Poppea’ (a reworking of the Coronation of Poppea by Monteverdi) performed in 2012 at Le Châtelet Opera House in Paris and, in 2014, to act in a collaboration with the award winning composer John Harle called ‘The Tyburn Tree’.
NB: This title is released July 7 and will not be dispatched before this date.
DISC ONE: STUDIO RECORDING CD
2. THE COMET
3. WITHOUT A WORD
4. TO DREAM
6. THE PIT
8. BY DAY
9. A NEW LAW
10. SEEING YOU
11. THE WIG
12. THE HERMIT
14. THE QUAKER
16. TEN PLAGUES
TEN PLAGUES : THE LIVE STAGE SHOW DVD
FILMED AT WILTON’S MUSIC HALL
(SAME TRACKS AS ABOVE)
Our Price: £11.99
click to see more