• The formation of SKYY began in Brooklyn, NY in 1973 when sisters Denise, Bonnie and Dolores Dunning met and joined forces with a musician by the name of Solomon Roberts Jr. Randy Muller, keyboardist for Brass Construction and Arranger for B.T. Express at the time soon joined and by 1976, with Solomon Roberts taking on male vocal and guitar duties, Anibal Anthony Sierra also on guitars and keyboards with Larry Greenberg, Gerald Lebon on bass, and Tommy McConnell on drums, SKYY’s line up was set for success.
• SKYYHIGH: THE SKYY ANTHOLOGY, gathers together the best singles and album cuts credited to the group from a chart career spanning three decades and including many bone-fide classics such as ‘First Time Around,’ ‘High,’ ‘Here's To You,’ ‘Let's Celebrate,’ ‘Movin' Violation,’ and ‘Show Me The Way’ as well as their biggest R&B hit, the #1 ‘Call Me.’
• SKYYHIGH: THE SKYY ANTHOLOGY, is presented as a double CD package inside a super jewel case complete with extensive liner notes, archive pictures and full credits for every track.
• Featuring all of the groups R&B charted singles from their Salsoul period - SKYYHIGH: THE SKYY ANTHOLOGY, is a definitive anthology of an incredible group who became one of the leading lights of the Disco and Dance scene in the 1970's and 1980's making this a must have for all R&B, Soul, Funk, Disco and Dance fans out there!
This product is released August 7, 2014 and will not be dispatched before this date.
1. First Time Around (12” Version)
2. Let’s Turn It Out
3. This Groove Is Bad
4. Disco Dancin’
5. Falling In Love Again
7. Skyzoo (12” Version)
8. Love Plane
9. You Got Me Up
10. Here’s To You
12. Take It Easy
13. For The First Time
14. No Music
1. Call Me
2. Let’s Celebrate (12” Version)
3. When You Touch Me
4. Get Into the Beat
5. Movin’ Violation
6. Let Love Shine (12” Version)
7. Bad Boy (12” Version)
8. Show Me The Way (12” Version)
9. Dancin’ To Be Dancin’ (12” Version)
10. Because Of You (12” M&M Mix)
11. Givin‘ It (To You) (12” Version)
12. Start Of A Romance
13. Real Love
14. Up And Over (Stronger And Better)
Our Price: £11.99
Track listing as above.
Relight My Fire: Expanded Edition
Daniel Earl Hartman a.k.a. DAN HARTMAN was an American musician, singer, songwriter and producer who hailed from Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He is best known for his disco hits ‘Instant Replay,’ ‘Love Sensation’ and ‘Relight My Fire’ as well as penning the second biggest hit for the Edgar Winter Group, ‘Free Ride,’ of which he was a member. Having schooled himself playing bass and writing songs for his first band The Legends (which also included his brother Dave) Hartman joined the Edgar Winter Group and appeared on three of their albums before going solo in 1976.
After initially releasing the magnificently titled promotional album "Who Is Dan Hartman and Why is Everyone Saying Wonderful Things About Him?,” which was a retrospective on his career until that point, Hartman scored big in 1978 with the #1 Disco smash ‘Instant Replay’ (from the album of the same name) which also crossed over to the U.S. And U.K. Pop charts.
In 1979 Hartman released RELIGHT MY FIRE (R&B #67, Pop #169), and again hit the top of the Disco charts with the title track, a bonefide disco classic that featured Hartman's friend Loleatta Holloway on vocals and is preceded by the understated "Vertigo” which perfectly sets your anticipation before the main event. ‘Relight My Fire’ was subsequently covered by U.K. boy band Take That featuring Lulu, who took their version to the top of the U.K. Pop charts in 1993.
Throughout the LP Hartman keeps the party energy in full flow and on the opener ‘Hands Down’ we are treated to Stevie Wonder and Edgar Winter trading licks on harmonica and sax respectively. ‘Just For Fun’ has a very solid syncopated groove in contrast to the tone of the lyric and exemplifies Hartman's production style. On closer ‘Free Ride’ Hartman shows off his deft production skills by taking the hit he wrote for the Edgar Winter Group and changing the rhythmic emphasis to take the track firmly into the dance floor realm.
Hot Shot Records/BBR is proud to present RELIGHT MY FIRE. This expanded and re-mastered edition comes complete with a foreword from mixer John Luongo, extensive liner notes and added bonus material.
This BBR/Hot Shot Records re-master is a must have for all Disco, Dance and Pop fans out there!
Released on 13th January 2014
1. HANDS DOWN
2. LOVE STRONG
3. VERTIGO/RELIGHT MY FIRE
4. JUST FOR FUN
5. I LOVE MAKIN' MUSIC
6. FREE RIDE
7. VERTIGO/RELIGHT MY FIRE (12” PROGRESSIVE INSTRUMENTAL REMIX)
8. HANDS DOWN (12” REMIX)
9. RELIGHT MY FIRE (SINGLE VERSION)
10. HANDS DOWN (HANDS UP) (12” VERSION)
11. VERTIGO (PROGRESSIVE REMIX)
12. RELIGHT MY FIRE (12” DISCO REMIX)
Our Price: £9.95
click to see more